Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Development (SMSC)
Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development (SMSC):
- We explore the beliefs and experiences of others
- We respect all faiths, feelings and values
- We enjoy learning about ourselves, others and the wider world
- We use our imagination, creativity and practice reflection.
- We recognise right and wrong and respect the law
- We understand consequences; investigate moral and ethical issues and offer reasoned views.
- Using a range of social skills we engage with and participate in the local community
- We appreciate diverse viewpoints; participate, volunteer and cooperate
- We resolve conflict
- We engage with the 'British values' of democracy, the rule of law, liberty, respect and tolerance.
- We appreciate cultural influences
- We appreciate the role of Britain's parliamentary system
- We participate in culture opportunities
- We understand, accept, respect and celebrate diversity.